HSE PROFESSIONALS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HSE PROFESSIONALS

A forum on health safety and environment discussions.

Latest topics

» share hse knowledge
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:57 pm by Admin

» OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm by Admin

» Corporate manslaughter to take effect in the UAE
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:30 pm by Admin

» New Members
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:41 pm by Admin

» Website Address change
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:22 am by Admin

» Introduction my self and wants HSE more mail on my id also
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 pm by dipak_sheth

» iChatfilipina best profile contest 2008
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:49 pm by ichatfilipina

» SELF INTRODUCTION
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 1:21 pm by Admin

» Welcome to the new joinees
OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 3:17 pm by Admin

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule Empty OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule

Post by Admin Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm

May 28, 2010

OSHA Announces Steps Toward Injury and Illness Program Rule
    OSHA is moving toward a proposed rule for an Injury and Illness Prevention Program, which it refers to as I2P2. The agency said early this month it will use comments from a series of stakeholder meetings to help develop the proposal.

The rule, versions of which have been contemplated in the past, would require employers to develop and implement a program to minimize worker exposure to safety and health hazards. California, which runs its own OSHA program, has had a similar regulation in place since 1991.

Instead of waiting for an OSHA inspection or a workplace incident to address risks, employers would be required to create a plan for proactively identifying and correcting hazards, then implementing the plan. OSHA says workers would participate in development and implementation of such plans.

“We are asking employers to ‘find and fix’ the hazards in their workplace,” said OSHA Chief Dr. David Michaels. “This commonsense rule will help make the Secretary of Labor’s vision of ‘Good Jobs for Everyone’ a reality.” Details about the I2P2 initiative are in a Federal Register notice at http://s.dol.gov/35.

Regards

Admin

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 pm